I don't know what
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Re: What Brand of Oil?
Okay, I just after searching through the forums, found the oil change in the top part of the forums in the how to section.
It describes the following:
Oil and filter change
4. Using an 8mm allen key drain the oil into a tub.
5. Remove oil filter cover
6. Remove oil filter - ensure you have a tub underneath to collect oil spillage
7. Smear clean oil around the new oil filter seal, tighten by hand and using a filter wrench (or gently with grips) tighten a further quarter of a turn
8. Resecure sump plug - do not overtighten.
9. Refill oil using correct grade oil, I put 4.25L of oil back in, checked it on dip stick (it showed 3/4 full) then ran it. Topped up to correct level next day to get an accurate level - do not overfill!
10. Check for leaks!
Is that the same for the 147?
With the 8mm allen key, is it a hexagonal allen key or a square one?
And finally, is everything done from underneath the car then? Apart from filling the oil from the top direct to the engine block?
As far as I'm aware, I require a 8mm allen key star/square head when I find out what it is, a 13mm and 10mm thing to take off the oil filter cover...