147 TSLusso Chugging When Cold? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 18-05-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
147 TSLusso Chugging When Cold?

I have a problem with my TSLusso. When you first start her up she sounds like she is going to take off, its like a clicking and whirring sound!Could this be the starter motor?
Also,my biggest problem is chugging. When you have just started driving, when you go up the gears each time the car chugs, its like it doesnt have the power to get its speed up. This does not look good!
Someone suggested to me that when I had my cam belt changed they might have done it too tight,does this make sense?It only started happening after we had the belt changed so it could be a possibility,any help gratefully received.
I want to say a big thank you as well, this forum saved me £180 yesterday, my key buttons had broken, the boot and unlock werent working, but after following the advice on here I opened it up, and re-soldered the buttons back on the circuit board, so thanks guys!
Samantha x
Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 1014
County: Dorset
Re: 147 TSLusso Chugging When Cold?

Sounds like the variator may be on the way out. that would make it sound like a tractor when you start it. If its not working the variable valve timing won't be working properly so you will have loss of power too. The chugging could also be air mass flow sensor but that wouldn't explain the noise. So could be a combination of both.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , chugging , cold , tslusso