Suspension upgrade experience? - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #51 of 52 Old 25-06-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Etela-Suomen Laani

Member car:

156 JTS

I eventually fitted eibach pro kit with stock dampers. At the same time all the front wishbones were replaced. Car is slightly firmer but not very much. At least it is not as wobbly as standard damper kit (though alfa 156 has got a great/firm standard suspension kit in comparison to e.g. Toyota).

So as a overall result it is not a dramatic change in handling/comfort/cornering. But very slight improvement and slight comfort compromise. But a great outer look improvement!

Now I understand why folks detained me to replace springs only while I could have replaced the whole absorbers at the same time. It's hell of job to DIY absorber/spring/wishbone replacement.

Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 JTS 2003 SW
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Somerset
eibach pro kit makes all the difference on the 147

I upgraded to Eibach Pro Kit springs (standard shocks) and it made a monumental difference! It is considerably stiffer (the only downside is that bumps are much more prominent) but it means that now I can go round a corner at speed knowing that the car won't throwing it's weight about, it's all about how the car can cope with coming out of a corner and being ready for the next one. I strongly recommend Eibach Pro Kit springs on a 147 anyway (and obviously if you can afford it then get the shocks too but it starts getting very pricey for good quality parts)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

experience , suspension , upgrade