156 Blitz cloth v. Sport pack 2 Recaro Cloth - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
156 Blitz cloth v. Sport pack 2 Recaro Cloth

Hopefully, in the near future, I am going to upgrade the interior of my 156.
I have various car brochures of the 156 range. From `98 (my vintage) to 2000. Something along the lines of an early 1.8 Lusso pack or Sport pack 2.
Now, in one brochure (9/99) it shows a picture of a 156 interior with "158 Blitz Cloth" with seats trimmed in what looks like a black version of the Fenice Cloth.
A bit further on and a picture of the "Sport pack 2" shows cloth based seats with black/red piping and possibly a detachable/adjustable front to the seat base cushion.

If it helps see brochure 04.9.3074.52 9/99 , pages 34 and 35.

My question is this, does the "158 blitz trim" and "Sports pack 2 with recaro cloth share the black CLOTH door trims.
My other question is how rare are both these options and are thr Cloth Recaros better support or just look that way.
I admit this topic is a bit , well "Anorak" or "Beardy" but If another interior comes along on E - Bay , I don`t whant to shafted.
You guys outhere have the answers.
Some pics could help!

I`m not drunk or on drugs, thank you.
Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

I've got a standard 2001 Veloce with Recaros and Blitz Cloth. The Recaros do have adjustable under knee cushions and red piping, with a red Alfa badge picked out on the upper part of the back rest.
The cloth on the doors is sort of a dark grey and doesn't particularily match the blitz black.
As for whether the cloth seats are more supportive, it is a bit hard for me to say as I have never driven a 156 with leather. The seats themselves, though are very comfortable, almost making up for the Veloce's rock hard ride, which can be agony over Surrey's crap roads and speed humps !!!
AO Silver Member
County: West Yorkshire
Hi Folgore.
My previous 156, was an SP1, with Blitz cloth, not Recaro's, they didn't wear that well, comfort wise they were OK tho. My latest has MOMO Leather which wears a lot better, and feels better as well. I think the cloth on the Recaro's in the SP2 Cars was different to the ordinary Sports Seats.
I work next to a breakers yard which has a few bent 156's in, one of them had Recaro's in it, not sure if they are still their tho. Could find out if you want, but it won't be untill next week. (Unless they have a web site???)
AO Silver Member
Blitz fabric doesn't wear well at all. I had the driver's seat squab re-covered when I bought the car at 7,000mile. Now at 31,000 the squab has gone "fluffy" on the side nearest the door. Every thime you get in or out you put wear on this part of the seat, but the fabric should last more than 24,000miles! It is also susceptible to pulls in the fabric. Not recommended.

Shame, because it looks really nice.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , blitz , cloth , pack , recaro , sport