Aircon problems - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 13-05-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Kent

Member car:

156 Sportswagon

Aircon problems

Last week when the sun came out I found that my Aircon was non functioning. So today an Aircon mobile expert came round to sort it (I hoped). He fixed up his machine to extract the old gas only to find the system empty It had been dyed in the past so we looked for leaks , none eveident. The previous owner (preOct08) claimed it worked fine , not easy to check in October but I thought it did. The system was then vacuum checked , no problems , held a 1atm vacuum. The system was filled and we started the car leaving it for a few minutes to allow the gas to spread before turning on. Still no aircon but the relay switched and the revs changed. The fuse in the main fuse box was OK too ! We then bipassed the relay and low pressure switch by supplying power direct to the compressor we had aircon so looked like the radiator and compressor are OK.

Is there another fuse for the compressor ? How easy is it to change the low pressure switch ? Is there another likely source of the problem ?

Thanks Richard

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

aircon , problems