Right here goes on the update,i didn't want to tempt fate but thought you would like to know how i got on.
The Alfa specialist had the car for a week and half,there was a delay in some wiring required for the Actuator,not a problem as they lent me a Spider for the entire time for free.
When they phoned me up to say the car was ready to be picked up i was even more pleased when he said the car had indeed been fitted with a new clutch(saved me £500) that just needed a bit of adjusting to work with the new Actuator that has been fitted and comes with 6 month guarantee.
The car did skip once or twice on the drive home which alarmed me somewhat but just as i was thinking about when i could take the car back it settled down.
I have been driving the car for over a week now and touch wood the car has been faultless,really been enjoying a working Selespeed lol
To be fair to the specialist he did say the gearbox is a bit sticky but not enough to warrant a new one,it's running fine now though with no problems ! i don't think i should have said that so will end the subject now.