Heating Vent Woes - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 15-12-03 Thread Starter
AO Member
Heating Vent Woes

Air con is working fine, only it wont direct anwhere except straight out the driver vents, i.e. stuck in the position where the arrow points at your face.

The dial is obviously moving but it makes no difference at all. So I steam up and my feet freeze.

I never was any good with car interiors, too much unfinished plastic - I do the dirty bits and the electrical bits - this one has me baffled, anyone experienced similar before I rip the dash out?

2000 156 JTD by the way.

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
I had similar, mine owuldn't blow out the face vents. Under the big centre vent in the middle of the dash is a direction flap. Mine was getting stuck on one edge, had to vvv carefully trim it eventually, as grease didn't work.

Undo the 2 allen bolts and lift up to release the 2 clips, and have a gander down inside and while changing the knob position see if/where the flap is sticking.

Or could be one of the other direction flaps = you'll have to have a poke around!
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 15-12-03 Thread Starter
AO Member
Thank Dupes, the bloody thing works now! If I have the fan speed on 4 it moves the flaps about, if the fan speed is too low they dont. So they are either stiff or like you said, need a bit o fettling and lubrication.

Am I allowed to mention flaps, fettling, lubrication and stiff on one post here?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

heating , vent , woes