Head units - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 14-12-03 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 2.5V6

Head units

Have posted elsewhere without success! lets try again.
Now I understand that I'm a 'Newbie' to this magnificent forum and that this topic has at sometime in the past probably been covered at length, BUT!!
As I aint had my Bella that long I would like a little help please!!
I Have a 6 cd auto change Alpine system in my 99 156 v6 and the sound is frankly PANTS!!
I have read the posts on changing the speakers, and a great help they where too.
The thing is that the head unit is I believe an ISO standard size as opposed to the new standard of din-e. The din-e units are smaller and therefore leave a large space of nothingness!!!
I also know that there are on the market blanking plates that will convert one to the other.
But what experience have other owners had on changing units/blanking plates (dont want one that looks pants, I have the plastic/walnut pressed center console and want to keep it looking good. I would also prefer mini disk with a cd changer or mp3 with a cd changer.
would be greatful for any advise and if poss photo's
thanks gang................
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: -
Well most people wear their pants on the bottom half of their bodies laughing
The 156, older model with the ridged step around the deck, used a standard single diz size radio. All u have to do is remove ur current deck and mounting bracket, slide in the new iso mounting bracket, slide the deck into that, it self locks and away u go.

Ive fitted several decks on my 156 and never required this "faceplate". Most decks come with their own plastic frame surround in the box, which when fitted, covers the gap around the deck nicely. Ive seen pics of decks with the faceplate fitted and it looks really cheesy imo. I can understand wanting a flush mount on the new 156 console, but the older model has that ridge, so u cant flush mount the deck in the first place

There was a thread about this on another forum, for which i posted these pics, which show that the surround that comes with the deck covers the gaps....

(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 15-12-03 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 2.5V6

Thanks for your help Tpaice, that makes it a lot easier. By the way that DVD player looks wicked...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

head , units