Cold Air Induction - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Cold Air Induction

Has any made their own cold air induction kit for an Alfa t-spark 2.0 litre,if so tell me about it.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
There was a thread about replacing the intake resonator on a 2.0ts 156 (complex and restrictive bit of the intake system), with the plain pipe from the JTD or V6 156, and fitting a performance filter, but i'm not sure how to find or attatch that link. Anyone help?

Anyway, the orig system draws cold air from behind the front bumper, but is restrictive. i have a BMC replacement filter (very good - better than KN i reckon), which gave a little more responce, and when I have time I will swop the resonator for the pipe (draws air from same place). Reckon its the cheapest way to improve the air intake as the pipe is about 8 from ayou friendly dealer (!), and it looks standard if you open the bonnet.

Or the best intake kit is meant to be BMC CDA, but at appx150???? and as they both draw air from the same place, and essentially reduce restriction, I am working on the 43 (pipe 8, BMC filter 35) DIY version being about 60% as good for 25% money!!

Hold the rear end slide....don't run wide!

156 2.0TS Veloce Lthr (02/02), silver, black Momo, BMC filter,V6 intake, DS2500 Front-DS Perf Rear pads, Conti sportcontacts, OMP strut Brace .

Built in Italy, on the last Friday before (hic) Xmas........:-/
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by tomryanac:
<strong>Has any made their own cold air induction kit for an Alfa t-spark 2.0 litre,if so tell me about it. </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Connect 10 foot of flexible hosing from the dashboard aircon system. Stick it out the window, over the bonnet and into the front grill. Switch on the aircon to cold with max fan.
Worth at least 1bhp but looks 5hyte wink

No, I haven't, but I fitted a free flowing air filter which madea marginal improvement.

Welcome BTW
AO Platinum Member
Alfa p/n 60630490 about 8 plus your choice of filter element for about 30.

See:156 intake modification

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

air , cold , induction