My third round of warranty work has just been completed, with the fourth round booked up for a week on Friday after some parts arrive.
Here's what's been done under warranty to my 57 reg GT Blackline (Jan 08 registered, 15k miles) in the last 6 months:
- New driveshafts (original pair both leaked dry
- New gearbox "cup bearings" (consequence of driveshaft problem)
- New electric window nodes (common fault)
- New Alfa + Blackline badges (old ones faded/rubbed off)
- 16x New Wheel Nuts (£276
- New Oil Seal
- 2x New Front Tyres (+ £250 compensation from ARUK
- New Bolts Under Bonnet (replace corroded ones)
- New Interior Bolts (replace corroded ones)
And what's to come next week in the fourth installment...
- New Bonnet
- New Wiper Linkages
- New O/S Wiper Arm
- New Gearbox Link Cables??? (Reported moderate vibration on the gearstick)
- New Clutch Damper (Reported clutch pedal feels gritty and sometimes hard to engage lower gears)
And a few more items that I have spotted since, that the garage don't know about (yet):
- N/S Puddle Light lens has been cracked during the removal of the door cards (when they fixed my electric window nodes).
- The bolts securing the lock mechanism on both doors are rusted to buggery
I think I am going to go and see the Honda dealer this weekend and see what offers are available! I am fed up with my car - Alfa's reputation for build quality is well-deserved