Well done Westover Alfa - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 25-11-03 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 156 1.8TS

Well done Westover Alfa

After a lot of the negative comments that you hear about Alfa Dealers, I would like to try to balance this with my experience with Westover, thus far.

When I took delivery of my second hand 156, I was promised a printout of work done on the car at Westover plus a new MOT certificate (the current MOT runs out early next year). For some reason, the MOT certificate was not available (reasons wil become clear in a moment).

I was promised that they would sent it to me early the following week. I also forgot to remove my tax disk from my part-x car. The Tax disc was current until July next year, so was worth a lot of money.
I phoned up later that day and was promised that this would also be posted to me.
However a week later nothing had turned up, so I phoned Westover to find out what was happening.

It turns out that the tax disc went with my old car, and the MOT was never done, as a current MOT existed for the 156.

So, to cut a long story short, I got through to a young lady called Ally (I think that is how you spell it). Within an hour of me calling, she had told me a cheque would be raised for the value of the tax disk, a date was arranged for a new MOT (at no cost to me) and the service print out would be available to be picked up along with my cheque (my choice as the post is a bit ropey at the moment).

I cannot express how impressed I am with the service recieved from Westover. OK, you could accept that Sales would be good, but postsales is normally where most businesses fall down.
Both Ben Darch (sales) and Ally have impressed me with their professionalism and politeness.

Well done Westover.

One thought I do have that might go someway to explaining this.
I work on a Support desk, and the customers who are polite to me are always treated quicker than the ones who shout obsenities and threaten you.
Because of my job, I always make an effort to be polite no matter how bad the problem is.
Maybe this is part of the answer as to why some people get bad service (and please do not flame me over this comment, it is only an observation.

And whilst I am feeling complementary, I would also point out another company, Virgin One, whom I bank with.
Another shining example of excellent customer service.

Sometimes it is nice to mention the good companies...

Oh well, back to work, waiting for 5:30 so that I can drive home!

Thanks for sitting through this rather long post, but it had to be done.

PS. I will also be sending a letter to Westover to tell them how well they have done.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member

Member car:

145 Turbo, 330CD

Well lucky you - hope you can both stay on good terms with each other and enjoy good servicing in the future.

I too work partly on a support desk and I prioritise people in a similar fashion - just a shame the polite method with my local dealer didnt work. Then the polite again didn't work, then the firm polite didnt work, then the stern polite didnt work, then the angry didnt work, then the all guns blzing didnt work, but a court summons did. If only i'd known that from the start, I could have saved a lot of arguments, letters, phone calls and saved some time!

Websites are like ********s, everyone has one, and im wary of any bloke trying to direct people into their's
AO Silver Member
Glad to here all went well!! Enjoy your new toy. I to have just delt with Westover with a slightly different result - you probably read my rant:-)

I agree, best always top be poite, I too used to work on a helpdesk, and if they were polite you were more enclined to help.

Sometimes though after 3 visits on the same issue, a few homes truths help:-)
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Alfa 145 Clov...

My old man, is not a people person. and gos in with guns blassing, and gets some where but not very far.

Me on the other hand, is far too laid back. I would be better living in jarmica. But i do get most things out of companys. wink
AO Silver Member
did you get your cheque and print out yet?

Counting chickens before they are hatched

But then, you could of rightly been annoyed with them, cos they didn't do it all in the first place

Infact by not doing the MOT they broke your contract, so they should also give you some free floor mats for your petrol, time, and hassle to go to the MOT, which should of not been necessary!

But so long as you are happy

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

alfa , westover