Alfa 147 clock spring
I've a 2001 ALfa 147, with the horn having failed (Again). Over past few weeks, I''ve noticed that the horn has changed pitch whilst pressed, sometimes working only occasionally.
This happened a few years ago, cost ~€180 to repair at alfa garage in Dublin.
I now have to complete NCT (Ireland's MOT equivalent), so need to get fixed ASAP.
I'm told that this is a job that can be done by myself. Can someone let me know where to buy a clock spring relatively cheaply.
The steps I thick are reqauired are below, please advise if incorrect or any steps are omitted.
1) Remove battery +ve for at least 15minutes before starting to allow airbag system to power off completely.
2) Remove the airbag from steering wheel by removing the 2 * screws on back of steering wheel
3) Is there a need to remove steering wheel next or is clock spring now exposed? If steering wheel must be removed, how do you do so?
4) Can the existing clock spring be repaired or do these things simply need to replaced?
5) BEsides plugging into the car lead, any special steps requied with installing switch etc
Any help appreciated!