Top Gear Survey 2003/2004 - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
The end result of poor build quality and AlfaUK's total incompetence.

156 Gone

Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
I own the cursed selespeed..... problems sofar none (66k on the meter) I LOVE THE CAR !!!, but I must admit that the previous (first) owner had it almost completely rebuild (on warranty) so I bought it knowing that all faults were cured
Just drove the 156 GTA selespeed (WHOOAAAH) and I want one.... but not new, one with 10k on the meter. Let first owners do the shake down test wink
Julian Lord
300 Miles?

Is that the new oil check interval in UK?

WTF is going on?
AO Platinum Member
I think the survey is bent.

I wrote a fantastic response regarding my GTV as it has been blinkin' marvellous. The final survey result makes the car look pretty average and I just don't believe it.

Sour grapes from Ralf then?

Well look at the Fiat Punto - useful little hatch scores 2/5 stars for practicality, while the BMW Z3 (2 seater) scores 4/5. WTF?

The survey just doesn't have any credibility. I want to see the data to understand where a result like that comes from.

Ralf S.
Simon G
Hang on. 43,000 response on 137 listed cars (and more presumably excluded because of the sample size). Avergae 300 responses per car. That includes Corsas, Focus's and BMWs that are sold by the million, so it would not be out of the question that 50 people responed with a 156 and it could be easily as low as 30.

I responded and I have had no problems with mine and like it tremendously. So who else on here with a 156 responded?
AO Member

Member car:

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Nemesis:
<strong>Never yip or try to shag his leg though..... </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ah, the voice of experience.

Nicola Romeo
I don't get much time to post these days BECAUSE I'M ALWAYS OUT IN MY 156 this year since April so far I have covered 8000 miles, and after my initial six month selespeed nightmare a changed cambelt @ 34000 since then I've had not one second of trouble.

The dealers are a joke no question about that, my owner experience is now a good one I'm off again on my travels tommorow to France and I have complete faith in my car.
I went up north earlier this year in her 406 and it rolled about so much it almost made me puke, gimme the hard ride of my veloce any day, pin sharp handling you know the rest.
I don't give a flying f00k what the masses think, let them keep their safe sh!te vauxhalls and fords, that suits me just fine.
AO Gold Member
a quote from EVO december 2003 (the best car magazine in the world IMHO)
There are clonking suspension noises, The hood leaks, The fuel and temperature gauges get dodgy, The clutch pedal is iffy. The wing nirrors shake loose. The engine's cylinder linings are suspect, and the brakes get squeaky.

what car is this ?

a BMW Z3 (sold by the thousands)

also read a letter in the same magazine from Michael Spencer !

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

gear , survey , top