166 creaks - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
166 creaks

Having read and posted myself topic's on the 166 door seals creaking, has anybody got any new ideas? I also have two new creaks 1. top of dash near window 2. front suspension.

Looks like a bigger tin of silicon spray is required!
Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

166 V6 3.0

My 166 front suspension has developed a knock/rattle which we eventually traced to the vertical links on the anti roll bar. There is no noticeable wear,my garage traced it by disconnecting the links!
AO Silver Member
i have read on here that creaking fronts are the top wishbone bushes, knock the lowers.

The creaking doors i have too, and a new one that sounds like the dash/screen area, but when i lube the door rubber it went for a bit.

Dont use silicone spray though as it makes it worse.

Some petroleum jelly in the crease between where the door rubber mounts and the soft bit that folds over it(when closed the two bits fold up and rub together, the sound is rubber on rubber, not the door metal).

The new 156 i notice has felty stuff on this part of the door rubber, presumable to stop this noise.

Does anyone with a parts CD have this new Felt covered door seal listed, and if so how much?

or can you get spray on felt stuff?

Hold the rear end slide....don't run wide!

156 2.0TS Veloce Lthr (02/02), silver, black Momo, BMC filter,V6 intake, DS2500 Front-DS Perf Rear pads, Conti sportcontacts, OMP strut Brace .

Built in Italy, on the last Friday before (hic) Xmas........:-/

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

166 , creaks