156 GTA sideskirt paint problems - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
156 GTA sideskirt paint problems

I just bought a new 156 GTA. The color is alfa red. I noticed that there is quite a big color difference in sideskirts. The front part 10 inches is in the same color than rest of the car but the main part of the skirt is much brighter red in color! The dealer said that it is very normal in GTAs since those parts are retro fitted in the factory... I wonder if anyone of you GTA owners have the same problem? I know that it will be long fight to get those repainted on warranty.
Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 1561
County: -

Member car:

busso powered

I have seen the same problem on a Dutch 147 GTA. The red of side skirts was different then the rosso alfa on the rest of the car.
No such problems on our Mira Red 156GTA...
AO Member

Member car:

Good luck for your new GTA, BSTR!

Hope you get the paint problem sorted easily enough! Not seen many red GTAs around here but hard to believe that it would be normal for a new car to be multicolored. It's an obvious(?) quality problem which should be taken care by Alfa factory warranty. Shouldn't cost a cent for the dealer!

And anyway, ask the dealer exactly how many multicolored red GTAs he has sold. I'd put my bet on number one wink

Enjoy your car but drive safely, the weather is quite awful now (I'm staying in Helsinki this week)!
Club Member
Membro Medio
Club Member Number: 51
It has nothing to do with paint protection is it?? A few on this site (me included) have complained about stone chips on the rear of the side skirts. Someone (El tigro) had his repainted and guarded against it. I may be wrong though not having seen it!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , gta , paint , problems , sideskirt