Chews through tyres - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Silver Member
Well for long Original fit Firehawk 700 eek! have done 25,000 miles (40K KM) and have another 1500-2000 miles I reckon, and given that they dont have an easy life (my signature script is no lie!) thats damn good, infact I reckon for life they're fab.

In the dry at least they also seem to grip pretty well and are progressive when they slide, and wey seem ok, but I have no real comparison, so ???

The reason F1's and Nero/rosso are so grippy is alot to do with the soft compound - hence they last about five miles, and have high rolling resistance.

So next prob going for Continental sport contacts (SC2's), as they were 2nd to the F1's in autocars lastest relevant test (205/55/16 size, just as my 156 has) but were cheaper and also much much lower rolling resistance (more MPG and top end)- infact the F1 were the worst for rolling resistance.

Although also considering some Avon CZ's and a couple of others with good tread designs, as dosh may be a problem, esp as i want to get my snowboard!

Hold the rear end slide....don't run wide!

156 2.0TS Veloce Lthr (02/02), silver, black Momo, BMC filter,V6 intake, DS2500 Front-DS Perf Rear pads, Conti sportcontacts, OMP strut Brace .

Built in Italy, on the last Friday before (hic) Xmas........:-/
Sponsored Links

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

chews , tyres