Where else can you put a CD changer ? - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member

Member car:

06 VW Golf GTI

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Silver:
<strong>The only compatible CD chagers with the headunit are the Blaupunkt A08 changers ?

If yes is the only place you can put this the boot ?

If no can you get more compact changers and fit them anywhere else ?

Any help would be gratefully received

Neal</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have a Sony 10 disc MP3 changer fitted to my Blaupunkt/Bose arrangement. Works really well and can access up to 100 tracks on an MP3 disc. The Sony CD changer is apparently more reliable than the A08 from what I've heard. The Sony is also slightly smaller than the Blaupunkt one and holds 10 discs. It's only skipped once and that was over a very severe pot hole.

If you go the Sony way, you need a MARS001 adaptor (which converts the Blaupunkt signals to Sony's signals), other than that it's very easy.

I fitted mine in the boot with the supplied Sony cables. I did it all myself (followed the A08 cable routing instructions provided by Stef) - was all pretty easy. I have a summary of it on AO. Do a search for Sony MARS001 etc.

06 VW Golf GTI - DSG - Black Magic - 18" - Sunroof - Leather - VW iPod Kit

SOLD 02 Alfa 147 - Selespeed - Sterling Grey - Leather - Bose - Linea Alfa Kit - 17

04 Mini Cooper - Liquid Yellow - Bonnet Stripes - Pepper Pack - 16
Sponsored Links

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

changer , put