My Last 3 or 4 Mods then my bella will be bliss! to me - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Silver Member

Member car:

147 1.6lt

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Wisrute B.:
<strong>I didn't like the combination of Eibach+Koni on my 156. It was harsh because of the springs. Sachs (springs) + Koni work better after I'd exchanged the Eibach springs with another friend.

If you can find Sachs kit or Eibach kit (both springs+dampers), that should be your best bet.</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wisrute, tell me something. You now have Sachs spirngs with Konis, right? When you put the konis to the softer adjustement, does the car hops up and down like the dumpers are not strong enough? Or does it seem that it could work correctly even with a bit softer dampers? I m trying to see if the yellow Konis have the "critical" damping factor for the Sachs in between their adjustment range.

Sachs knows quite well the 147 ( I suppose the 156 has Sachs from the factory too? ) so why not trusting them.. A friend of mine who is a Fiat mechanic told me to stay away from Sachs shocks, they have crap reliability and build quality (i must say he never blaimed their performance ). But with the springs, what could ever go wrong? I suppose nothing.

So this is what many of us are looking for. "Soft" lowering springs. Any other experiences on this, except the Sachs ?
Sponsored Links

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

bella , bliss , mods