GT Gearknob wants to be a Rattle Snake! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 15-04-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: East Riding of Yorkshire
GT Gearknob wants to be a Rattle Snake!

At 70-90mph the vibrations on the gearstick of my 1.9JTDM GT cause the gear knob to chatter quite loudly. The only way to stop it is to hold it quite firmly. If I lift off accelerating the vibrations go completely.

I've had two new driveshafts fitted under warranty, and I also have a problem with my clutch that the useless dealer has tried to fob me off by squriting the bearings with WD40 everytime I take it in.

I think I've worked out that the rattlign is coming from the plastic ring that you pull up to engage reverse gear. At 70-90mph this vibrates against the outer gear knob (the main part you grab hold of) and causes the rattle.

My question is: will changing my gearknob get rid of the rattle?

Would both of these options fit? Or would I need to get the version with the "lift up reverse" ring for my GT?

Option 1: Momo GTR2

Option 2: Momo Combat Chrome

* I know that the ideal solution would be to fix the cause of the vibration, but after 4 visits to the dealer and 3 letters to ARUK I am struggling to find a solution.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

gearknob , rattle , snake