Aftermarket warranty - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 07-04-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
Aftermarket warranty

Would a worn synchro ring be covered by a well known aftermarket warranty (WD)? They cover wear and tear but does this only apply when the part is worn to an extent its broken or does a grinding 3rd gear constitute it being broken?
Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 156 2.4 JTD

Re: Aftermarket warranty

3rd party warranty companies (IMO) do seem to get out of paying for stuff you think should be covered.
I had a problem with my clutch pedal return spring - i.e. put clutch pedal down all the way and then take foot off pedal and pedal might pop up a couple of seconds later.
The warranty company ( Warranty 2000 I think) said that as it seemed that the spring had just stretched and wasn't broken then they woudn't cover it. Of course if I wanted to pay to get the clutch stripped and show them a broken spring then they might cough up.

In the end the garage suggested putting a block of wood under the clutch pedal to stop last inch or so of travel which caused no problems with changing gear and stopped the sping having to stretch so far - worked a treat.

Car was a 2.4 JTD 156

Kristian (156 2.4JTD 140BHP)
On my 2nd Amazon Green

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

aftermarket , warranty