Metallic squeaking - 156! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 25-09-03 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
Metallic squeaking - 156!

My 2 year old Alfa 156 has developed an annoying high-pitched, metallic sounding grating sound, and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

It usually occurs after I've been running the car for 5 minutes, and can sometimes stop after it's been running for an hour or so. Sounds like it's coming from the front wheels somewhere, and is most prominent when turning slightly to the left or right (usually stops when pointing straight down the road). It sounds like metal rubbing on metal.

It really is VERY annoying, sounds like very squeaky brakes, but when I'm not braking.

I reported this to the dealer at the last service (48K), who obviously responded by saying they couldn't find any problem.

Has anyone got any info that might help me resolve this? Thanks for reading!
Sponsored Links
Brake Pads, my two year old one does the same

See previous thread, New Pads, clean and lube sliding caliper pins & apply some copper grease on the Pads Back Plates ( Do not get any grease on the Pads eek! ) should cure it, though I haven't done mine yet as there's quite a few thousand miles left in them, just keep the windows closed & the radio turned up, you'll not hear a thing laughing

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , metallic , squeaking