21% off retail to AROC members - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 22-09-03 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Wiltshire

Member car:

Bikes these days

21% off retail to AROC members

Presumbaly all you AROC UK members have seen the attached flyer with this month's newsletter?

I know that it only applies to 2002 model year 156s, and so will be limited to whatever is in stock. 21% seems almost generous to me though.

What's the approximate retail on a 2.4JTD SW with a half decent spec?

I never thought I would be even vaguely tempted by a brand new car, but I am starting to feel the stirrings in the wallet.....

Sponsored Links
You could get that car from a dealer without barely haggling for £18k in Lusso or Veloce spec.

Squeeze his balls a little tighter and not only will his voice get higher, but the price will come down further. wink
AO Silver Member
County: Surrey
Monza sport offer 20% discount so presumably this is to ace them & others by 1% extra discount.

Still, looks good value if you're in the market, plus you get that wonderful main dealer service & support.
AO Member
Looked into it at the weekend and spoke to a fair proportion of the Alfa dealers in the south of England.

Looks ok on paper but they are just offloading unallocated stock in colours and specs no-one wants, and the dealers just get a handling fee for the sale rather than their usual margin, so they won't haggle on price and trade-in quotes are minimum book, ie even more laughable than normal. Could be ok with no trade in, mind.

You can actually get a much better deal just haggling on the dealer's own stock as they have far more room to manouvre.

Hence my demonically possessed Sillyspeed is being replaced by a 3 month old ex-demo JTS Lusso Sportwagon on Tuesday for £5K off list AND the best trade in quote (still can't bring myself to call it good, though...)

Boring colour combo (Silver with black momo as opposed to my existing Black eith Red momo), but at least it has a proper manual gearbox which doesn't literally have a mind of its own, and the extra 15 bhp is nice, if somewhat more expensive than the remap and induction kit I had been contemplating.

Selespeed Technology + Alfa build quality + alfa dealer competence + 2 years and 51K miles + Mental Instability = Another Sportwagon
AO Silver Member
County: West Yorkshire
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Boring colour combo (Silver with black momo as opposed to my existing Black eith Red momo) <hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Still think the 156 where's Silver better than any other colour, except perhaps Nuvola Blue when it's clean (It's rare to see it clean )
Glad you stuck with Petrol and didn't fall pray to the diesel vultures.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

21% , aroc , members , retail