Great service at the dealer (sarcastic) - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 17-09-03 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Great service at the dealer (sarcastic)

Yesterday morning I went to the dealer for maintenance. After I received the bill of 680 EUR, I could see how my 156 was scratched on the left side next to the headlights, beneath the door handle on the driver's side and on the backdoor, again driver's side. If that wasn't enough the 10cm long - 1cm thick vertical dent made it all complete. I'm pretty mad!

Going to contact my insurrance today, the "surprised" dealer was going doing the same. Curious what's going to happen now .

Sorry, just had to rant!
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
Sorry to hear that.

It's bad enough when your car gets damaged on the streets, its even worse when it's done by people who you trust your Bella with. And it's even worse when they deny that they've caused the damage afterwards!!
AO Member
Had the same problem with my old 156 after an accident repair - when I went to pick the car up, Was asked 'Oh, have you seen the car yet - as we noticed there is a scrape, dent and the side indicator has been damaged [ripped off!]' . When I stated that the car went into accident damage from a rear-end shunt, they said 'Oh, well. Must have happened at our bodyshop - best if you call their insurers' . rant

They then claimed the reason for the damage was because it was in their car park for over a week - as I had an eye operation and couldn't drive. Alas, they finally conceeded defeat with their last statement as the car was in their possession, and they said they'd 'see what their insurers could do about it'.

It took about four weeks for my car to be repaired, in that time it had the indignity of a badly scratched and creased bodywork and a smashed side indicator. At least it had 'road battle damage!' eek!

The final joke was that when I gave them the car back to be repaired, they said they would 'arrange me transport back home' - this consisted of them booking me a taxi - to the local train station. They didn't even pay the fare!

Just out of interest, the dealer is naughty Alan Gibson of Basingstoke naughty
AO Member
hmm, well ive had my car 1 yr come this oct.. and well ive had the drivers side of my car resprayed 4 times because of the dealer denting the door 2 times when in thier care.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

dealer , great , sarcastic , service