OK Sod it. Baby Carrier/Seat for 147. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 16-09-03 Thread Starter
AO Member
OK Sod it. Baby Carrier/Seat for 147.

I know there's been a thread of this ilk, but it's not been about a 147. I have a double nightmare, wife has passed her driving test AND there's a baby due.

Of course I'm delighted about the baby. Do any 147 drivers have experience with little ones in 147's?

I have to impress my wife about the capabilities of the 147 regarding babies 'cause she wanted a different car and I told her everything would be OK with a 147! She wanted a Stilo!

Don't let me down guys, OR perhaps more appropriately gals wink
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Aberdeenshire

Member car:

Zender 156 V6

I don't have any experience of the 147 but there should be plenty of room in a 147 for baby seat(s)

In my old Sprint I managed 2 kids and baby seat (+ baby) in the back and its a coupe.

OK, they weren't in there very often but it can be done.
AO Member

Member car:

GT JTD Moon Blue

I can dig out some recent issues of Which? and their best buys but that wouldn't tell you if they would fit nicely in your 147 but it might help short listing a few and you will be able to impress your wife about how much you care about baby's safety, which I am sure you do anyway !

I can tell that I have a 5 years, 2 years and 3 months old "babies" at the back of my 156 !

So no worries about 1 baby in a 147 !!!
AO Member
Yeh, been carting the little fella around in the back of the 156 with colour coded Britax baby seat for two years. No problems. Passenger seat needs to be moved forward when he in situ, so his feet don't jam against it. Fine though. Pockets in back of seat handy for bottles, toys etc.

We do the same in the 146. Quite a roomy car that. With massive boot for buggies etc.

Now here's a question for you. The missus wanted a Stilo right? Well the boot in the Stilo is a disaster - you can not fit a standard small stroller/buggy in the boot of a Stilo! Yes, it's true. It won't take a set of golf clubs either.
(And this is the family car for the new century according to Fiat??!) The buggy and golf test is a basic one carried out by designers since the 1980s - obviously not in Turin.

147 boot is smaller than 146 - so, can it fit a buggy? Ooops. eek!

The Speeding Ticket Hall of Fame.
AO Member
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Kendr:
<strong> It won't take a set of golf clubs either.</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Neither will the 147, not my clubs anyway and it's not even a big bag. I have to squeeze the head of my driver around the shell of the door so it ends up pressing against the cars 'skin'. Over time this caused a slight indentation with my Punto. But the punto fitted the clubs better.

I can always lower the seats but from a practicality poitn of view it's not the best.

Have the bose doesnt help matters either.

ANy suggestions on best fitting golf club into a 147 boot would be much appreciated.

Sorry if this has bought things off topic novice.

147 2.0 Selespeed - Gabianno Blue - Red Momo Leather - 17" Super Sports - Sunroof - 10 CD Changer - Connect Nav+ - Climate Pack - Winter Pack
AO Member
Yuck - my mate takes clubs out and loads clubs and bags separate into boot.

Is this a ridiculous design flaw or what?
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

1750GTV 147Lusso

My wife and 5 month old lad rocket about the place in a 145, and do fine. The 147 boot does appear to be smaller though, especially with Bose and a CD player fitted. I am sure you will manage fine - whatever space you have, you fill it. I have a mate with a V70 T5 and he says it's not big enough!!!??
Big thing to do, is make sure you can fit the pram/buggy wheels in it - don't go for giant off road tyres and stuff. They are a waste of space. If you want to walk off road, get a papoose thingy.
Congratulations BTW!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , baby , carrier or seat , sod