I test drove a 147 & 156 GTA !!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
I test drove a 147 & 156 GTA !!!

I was lucky enough to test drive a 147 GTA and a 156 GTA. All I can say is that these two cars are totally AWESOME !!!

The 147 GTA felt like a modern day Integrale. What a fantastic engine. I don't really think there are any handling issues. You can put the power down very well and what a ROAR !

However, the 156 GTA really did it for me. Having previously owned a 156 2.5 V6, the 156 GTA was perfection. It was brillant blue with black leather with tan leather inserts and the 5 hole GTA alloys. This car was sooooooo sexy.

It's like the 3.2 engine was designed for the 156. Such aggressive acceleration. One of the most addictive engine notes I ever heard. Perfect seats (much better than the 147's.) It was like the seats were made just for me. Wonderfully communicative steering (with a wee bit of torque steer at 6000rpm in 2nd gear, but that just added to the fun !)

Man do I want one !

Alfa have produced 2 cracking cars that really do mean business if you're after a very high performance and involving hatch/saloon.

My drive home in my 156 1.8 was very very slow !

Sponsored Links
Global Mod Team
County: Milano
That's a friendly Alfa dealer you got!
AO Silver Member
County: South Yorkshire
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by BigFoot:
<strong>That's a friendly Alfa dealer you got!</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They do exist wink

The Alfa dealer I am buying my car from let em test drive the 147 GTA the other day and I have to agree that it is an awsome car

Just need them to get a 156 GTA in now so I can have a go in that wink

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , 156 , drove , gta , test