Removing plugs from 2.5 V6 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Brian T
Removing plugs from 2.5 V6

Knucle saving advice needed here ???!!!!

I'm changing the plugs on my 156 2.5 V6 this week. Have changed the plugs in the front bank of cylinders - no problem very straightforward.

Any advice on the most hassle free way of removing the plenium chamber and pipes etc to get to the rear bank of cylinders and remove plugs?

i.e. is it best to take polished inlet manfifold pipes off at the flange (engine side) where the gaskets are, or remove the clips and pipes at the plenium chaber side and ease the rubber pipe ends free???

Any advice welcome - I ain't paying my dealer mega bucks to do this job ??!!
Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

Dust In My Eye

Come on all you V6ers, help the man out

sorry I cant help,,,little 4 pot
AO Member
I had a look when my plugs were changed and they released the rubbers from the plenium chamber, hope this helps.
Remove the clips from the rubber couplings next to the intake manifold. (You will a special type of pliers which need to be used to release and refit the clips). Then release the other small clips and pipes that are connected to the manifold. (Later cars have more push fit type connections). Then remove the pipe coming from the air filter to the throttle intake. Remove the electrical connector from the throttle motor. With all things removed push the manifold towards the bulkhead until free of the rubber couplings.
Gary F
Mine also had a bracing bar attached to the back that I had to remove along with cable holders on the left of the chamber.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

plugs , removing