All Things Alfa Warranty - HELP! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 24-03-09 Thread Starter
County: -

Member car:

alfa romeo 147

All Things Alfa Warranty - HELP!

since buying an Alfa 147 September last year, it had been a continuous nightmare that resulted in All Things Alfa replacing the engine with a reconditioned engine in January. After they had it for a month, they returned it with bolts and parts missing, the handbrake cable snapped and the crank shaft position sensor not working. After i had rectified the faults only two weeks ago, there is a worrying tapping noise coming from the engine.

I took the car down to my local mechanic and he said that it could be the hydraulic tappets or possibly something more sinister. After speaking to Rob at All Things Alfa, he said that under their warranty i would have to pay for the car to be delivered the 250 miles to their garage (about 250) and for them to diagnose the problem and if it is not covered under the warranty I would then have to pay for the cars return and for the necessary repairs.

I am paralyzed with what to do....

1. Do i send it up to them in good faith and they could easily turn round and deny liability. I would then struggle to argue the case.

2. Do i get my local mechanic to look at it to confirm what is wrong (which they wont pay for) and then get it shipped up to All Things Alfa, at least i i have then covered myself

3 Has anyone else had dealings with warranty issues with All Things Alfa?

Thanks for any of your advices.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

alfa , things , warranty