Brake problem on my jtd 16v - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 23-03-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Kobenhavn
Brake problem on my jtd 16v

Hi all
I havea question about my brakes now, since my normally wery good alfa pusher have had my car for 1 week now and still havent figured out whats wrong.
The story is that i have purchased some brake disks and pads from ebspares (these ones: Front vented drilled and grooved discs 1.6/1.8/2.0/2.5/1.9jtd and 2.4jtd (284mm) for alfa romeo 156 parts and spares )
and have fittet them myself both front and back incl the pads.
I just had one problem during it all when one of the pistons came out of the caliber (rear left), i managed to get it back again, and it all seamed to be fine, though with a feeling like there were some air in the system (the pedel could go to the floor) i bleed the system but there were still something there.
Anyway, the car could brake fine and i had to go to service 2 days after so i ask them to just bleed the system for me, and then all the problems began.
After the did that, the car wont loosen the brakes again when you have applied them, untill you bleed any of the calibers, then all brakes are fine again.
They have now tried to change the master cylinder, the vacuum pump, and it were the same after (they will take anything i dont need back again)
So does anybody have a good ideer on whats wrong, cause i really miss that car now... she is not used to be away from home that long
If it have any relevance, the car is from 2004 (build sep 03) and have sofar driven 284.000 km/176.000 miles all with me behind the wheel, and this is my first serios problem!
I hope anybode can help
Sponsored Links
(Post Link) post #2 of 2 Old 23-09-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Kobenhavn
I should maby, say that the problem is fixed now (for some time) it was the Vacuom pump (so they did´t change it to test )
That little metal stick in the middle that activates the brake cylinder was a bit to long so it activated the brakes all the time, and blocked the hole where the brakefluid returns when you let go of the pedal.
Something had given in in the pump and thats why the stick was a bit longer than it should be.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

16v , brake , jtd , problem