Chaps, help needed here, I have just picked up from France an 156 2.4 JTD 2000 (W Reg) and it seems to have a few issues. I was described as nothing needed doing to it to get it back to England but I am now disagreeing and before emailing the seller back I need some advice.
1) Engine temperature is not consistant, this to me seems to be two fold, it has had a leak at sometime and some gunk has been put in to stop it, this has resulted in the therostat being blocked, it has also taken a knock at the front and the lower grill is no longer in place, this has resulted in the radiators vents being blocked. My thoughts are new radiator new thermostat and flush the coolent system through.
2) The car drives brilliant up to about 3-3.5k revs and then stops and the injector light comes on. change gear then revs fine again upto 3-3.5K. The light clears every time and there are no other warning lights. the MAF was replaced 3000 miles ago and the bill was £178 for it so I assume this is a guniune one. My thought is stuck vain on the turbo.
3) Ticking\ tappet noise from the engine block, the oil does look a bit tired and will be changed very soon. The noise is not there on cold.
4) Gear level does not spring centrally.
5) rear electric window does not work.
Apart from these faults it bloody great, love the drive!
Before anyone says serves you right for taking a risk on buying a car on ebay from so far away, I know!