Engine Misfire -- 156 (V6) - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
rehan samee
Engine Misfire -- 156 (V6)

Hi All

I noticed today that the engine had a slight misfire whilst idling. Not sure whether the misfire was worse from a cold start (the missus had taken the car out earlier), but it was definitely there even when the engine was up to normal temperature. Also, the car felt a bit lethargic when pressed hard. Any ideas what the problem might be?

Sponsored Links
Gary F
If it's a intermittant problem then it could be difficult to track. One thing you could try is with the engine running, unplug and then plug back in each of the injector electrical connectors and see if the engine changes less for one of them.
If it's one cylinder only then it could be a failing coil, injector or spark plug. If it's not one cylinder then the fastest solution is to take it to a garage and get them to check the engine error codes cos it could be lots of things and some of them may cause long term damage.
rehan samee

I had the car checked last Thursday -- turned out that 3 coil-packs were on their last legs (water damage after I had the engine bay de-greased) and 1 plug was not firing properly. I decided to change the plugs as well as the coil-packs. Runs beautifully (again).

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , engine , misfire