GT air conditioning blowing ambient - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 18-03-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
GT air conditioning blowing ambient

Back in the autumn my aircon started blowing ambient so I popped into the local Kwik Fit for a regas, figuring that this was the likeliest problem. This seemed to do the trick initially, but as the weather turned colder I used the system less. It is also designed to switch off below (from memory) 3C to protect the system.

Come to late Jan 09 and on the odd warmer day the system was back to blowing ambient again. I had a couple of bits for the dealer to look at so booked it in with them to look at the aircon as well.

They found the system had 'absolutely no gas' in it! Fair enough, looks like a leak. So they regas it, put in a UV dye and book me in for a recheck the following week. So of course, sods law, the weather turns colder and the aircon is rarely used that week. On return no leak is found.

Cut to this week. After a couple of days with the temperature in double digits the aircon seems to be blowing ambient again!

So, questions.

1. Does this sound like a leak in the system, or could it be anything more serious?

2. Assuming a leak (and that the dealer can find it this time ) would this be covered under the third year warranty? I was told the last time a leak would require the bumper to come off to access the aircon, so labour costs could be painful if the warranty doesn't cover it.

Is it a crime to want something else?
Is it a crime to believe in something different?
New Model Army - Smalltown England

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

air , ambient , blowing , conditioning