Why the 156GTA is superior to the 147GTA - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Gold Member
Justin: i didnt mean it that way (well, maybe i chose the bad choice of words)
but i thought they guy was racing? and when you're racing arent you supposed to do it in the least time possible?

i know drifting is fun - i drive a "boring" RWD car for everyday use... however it is lots of fun in "big" corners where its safe to provoke oversteer
just love to feel the rear end go when engine braking

but somehow - the GTA doesnt look THAT good oversteering... i mean it looks like its skidding all over the place. oversteering IMO should start IN the corner, not before the corner. would be kind of impossible with FWD i know, so this is the next best thing i guess.

would love to be able to do this myself BTW.

(This icon is a copyright of Banflu, Banflu Enterprises and Banflu DIY-Electronic Parking Systems).

Sponsored Links
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Justin Fox:
<strong>I think you guys are wrong.

I don't think he's using the handbrake at all. Japanese drifters don't use the handbrake as they use rear wheel drives. The Alfa 156GTA has the ability to oversteer.

The 147GTA is renowned for UNDERSTEER. Sure you can do it with a handbrake but you can do that in any car and it would feel stupid doing it.

Do I have to post up a video that TOPGEAR made on the 147GTA here? To PROVE to you all hw badly the 147GTA understeers when on the limit? </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">ok, in that case, I still don't see how a 156GTA is better than a 147GTA.. just have to drive it a little different to archive the "same" look on the video...or a bit of extra setup/mod. I am sure a 147 can do that..and drifting is just that...it is setup to drift, so it drifts

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147gta , 156gta , superior