Latest Connact Nav+ CD's and software - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 11-08-03 Thread Starter
AO Member
Latest Connact Nav+ CD's and software

Hi guys, I'm about to send off for my free update CD for the Connact Nav+ system. I may wait a while until they've finished the new M6 relief road otherwise it will be out of date by the end of the year, but....

Anyway, I had heard that intially when launched their was no trafic data appearing on the screens of CNav+ systems. But then I heard a new release of software fixed it. Mine is not showing anything. When I go to the TMC??? option, I get nothing. Was it a CD or system software upgrade which sorted this.

Can anyone confim what the latest C Nav+/Navtech software version numbers are for the UK?

My Navtech CD has the following codes on it:

CD Part No. T1000-5854
UK/Ireland MRE 2002
Alfa Romeo 147 & Fiat Doblo / Stilo / Ducato
Pack No. T1000-5843

Copyright on the CD is 2002.

Also, which company provides the traffic updates is it trafficmaster and which radio stations transmit the data in the UK?

147 2.0 Selespeed - Gabianno Blue - Red Momo Leather - 17" Super Sports - Sunroof - 10 CD Changer - Connect Nav+ - Climate Pack - Winter Pack
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
I think Wimster knows something about the TMC thing ... but he's in Belgium

Bottomline was that it didn't work, I think

I just checked out the NavTech Page for the 147 UK CD, and they say the TMC codes are not provided

I have heard rumors that the latest version of the CN software has improved TMC integration (route recalulation I guess) - shame we can't get the codes over here.

FYI - it is classic FM that broadcast the TMC data.

(Post Link) post #4 of 6 Old 12-08-03 Thread Starter
AO Member
Yeah, I had a look on there as well. What do you think the G3 version is? It doesnt say which models it os for but maybe thats what we need.
AO Gold Member
County: Antwerpen
Here are a few links that might help:
connect Nav1

Connect Nav2
If not,let me know
AO Member
Offical reply from Itis Holdings that market the TMC RDS service in the UK:

Dear Chris

As you have visited the web site you are aware that ITIS is the service provider for RDS TMC in the UK. This is a commercial service with our primary customer base being the car manufacturers, however we also sell service access via a growing number of after market products; VDO Dayton, Alpine and Panasonic.

The key to our revenue generation is the integration of our traffic database codes (known as the Location Database) onto the navigation map CD. At the moment no agreement exists with Alfa, whose supplier I believe is Magnetti Marelli with mapping by NavTech. Therefore at the moment it will not be possible to decode the ITIS TMC service. Obviously in time we hope to be working with all of the manufacturers, at which time I can give you an update.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

connact , latest , nav , software