156 GTA Evoluzione ??? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
156 GTA Evoluzione ???

Hi guys, i was browsing that ItaliaSpeed website, and i read that by years end Alfa will release a face-lifted version of the 156 GTA, called Evoluzione, complete with 4WD hardware and either a 280HP or 300HP 3.5L engine. Has ne1 heard nething about this car??? I do trust ItaliaSpeed as a reliable source of info, and it does make sense when u think about it.....We know Alfa r releasing a 4WD version of the face-lifted 156 and sportwagon, so y not use it on the GTA, and also the 3.5L will once again distance the GTA model's power wise from the cars now sharing the current models 250hp 3.2L (ie. GTV6, 166). Development wise its totally feasible, the 4WD hardware and engines already exist, and it will some time b4 the 158GTA is released.

Any thoughts????
Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 1561
County: -

Member car:

busso powered

Actually, I will be surprised if Alfa does make the 156 a 4x4. The 156 is, although still gorgeous, at the end of her life, simply because the sales figures shows this.

And why should Alfa make major investments into the platform the 156 is build on? It is way cheaper to wait and introduce the 4x4 on the 158.

But rumors say a 156 4x4 will be build, and if they do I expect the GTA to be the first one with AWD.

And I am still not sure about that the new model will be called 158. Maybe Alfa is going to surprise us and re-invent names in stead of numbers. We have to wait, but since the Alfa 158 already has been build a couple of decades ago, I wonder what the name of the new model will be.
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

1750GTV 147Lusso

Names would be good.
I would like an Alfa Romeo Monza
But the very old numbers were good too
6c 2300 etc.
As long as they can apply them in a straight line...

What about no model badges on anything.
Just the Alfa badge.
AO Silver Member
Yeah, "I would like to buy the one with those round rear-lights please" wink

Couldn't it be possible that Alfa wants to test it's 4x4 hardware on the 156 to learn of it? This way they could use a second generation 4x4 on the 158.
Club Member
Membro Medio
Club Member Number: 51
Apparantly they were going to call the 156 the "giulietta" but were too scared that they would alienate non alfa drivers
AO Member

Member car:

Lotus Elise 111r

This wouldnt surprise me at all! Not to happy to what it will do to my residuals though! Typical isnt it, ive only had the thing 2 months and it is already being replaced!
Alfa Romeo 156 Sortwagon GTA Nemesis will be it's namepowered by a 5.0 V10 TD.
AO Platinum Member
County: Porto

Member car:

Alfa 159 QV

Something with "Zagato" will be fine for me.
Yeah im thinking they will use the 156 platform to develop a cross-over 4wd system. The new GM sourced platform is all set to go for 4wd compatibility, so it makes sense that Alfa would start developing and market testing a 4wd version. Also the 158 is still a few yrs away, so investing more money in the current 156 wouldnt b that bad. Could even b that the 4wd version creates more sales for the 156, along with the face-lift.

My dad is in Italy atm testing out the Gallardo, and ive asked him to get some info. Ill post a reply with what i can find out.
AO Silver Member
I'd seen info in autoexpress that there are 2 nw GTA''s

156 GTA autodelta with a 3.5 engine plus other stuff not 4wd the chassis wont take it) and a 147 equivalent.

There was a report of a AWD 158 SW being seen on a test track (18 july issue) as the sprint will be based on the new engine chassis the new GTA may just arrive first.....

guys check italiaspeed.com, and click on the 3rd Alfa link. U will find all the proof we need that Alfa r developing a 4wd system. I know some car manufacturers use old bodies over new chassis for platform development (ie; stretched weird looking 7series on the new Rolls Royce platform), but i doubt this is the case here. The 158 platform is all new, so there is no way the old body would fit over the GM chassis with no visible body modifications. IMO this is a 4WD system for the 156. And it wont b long until the system filters into the GTA cars, given how keen Alfa r to raise the performance of their GTA cars. Interesting times ahead
You dad is in Italy testing WHAT ?

LOL sedici, he wants to take delivery in Italy. His back, but with no GTA Evoluzione info. Seems his cousin, an Alfa/Fiat dealer in Naples was as clueless as me. But then i c an updated italiaspeed.com site with the pics......wooooho!!!!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , evoluzione , gta