ECU not responding - HELP! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
The Alfy Dude
ECU not responding - HELP!

Hi all,

I need some help and advice. I have a 156 selespeed which just had a servise about 2 months ago. The other day I was driving along and found that the car lost power and was struggling to stay alive. I pulled over and found that the selespeed warning lights were flashing. When I tried to restart the car, all warning lights were flashing and the car was struggling to idle (eratic).

Had the car towed him and left it for a couple of days to arrange a tow to alfa. When the tow arrives, I start the car and found that everything was fine. Took the car for a was fine. I decided to get the car sent to alfa anyway.

Alfa phone me to say that the injector warning lights are flashing and will need further investigation. They then phone back telling me that the ECU is not responding to the diagnostics and will need replacing (600 please!!)

Has anyone seen this prob the ecu really knackered....please help....... frown
Sponsored Links
ask why and what knackered the Ecu,its pretty rare for a full ECU breakdown like that
The Alfi Dude
I asked, but they dont know why.....they said they cant determine anything until they get a new ECU.

However, I read in a previous post that sometimes a low battery causes the symtoms I'm experiancing....Is there truth in this???
AO Member

Member car:

I had some electrical problems last autumn with my 156, it eventually transpired that the wiring loom was badly fitted, causing the car to stall and the EOBD(???) light to come on etc. Anyway the point of my post is that my local dealer replaced the ECU (under warrenty - thank god! ) almost straight away, almost as if it was a matter of course with all electrical problems. I would get them to check other things first !!!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

ecu , responding