Rattles&Rattles&Rattles Pls Help esp friends from Greece - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 23-07-03 Thread Starter
Rattles&Rattles&Rattles Pls Help esp friends from Greece

My Alfa 156 Distinctive started to rattle from the first month. It is something wrong inside the Roof trim, probably a plastic stop just in the middle. I had my dealer in Athens inspecting the car, by removing the upholstery,but it wasn't possible to fix it, whereas the hole upholstery and the side panels became dirty and worn. Then they suggested to replace the hole upholstery under warranty, but I'm afraid that they will create more problems than fixing the rattle.

Then, a new rattle emerges, this time coming from driver's side door. It is heard when the car moves over rough roads (normal in Greece), when it starts and stops and especially, when there is a lateral deformation of the chassis. It isn't heard, when the window is open.

I had it also inspected, they thought that it had to do with the door's alignment. They tried to fix it, scrached the paintwork in some areas, but again, the rattle is loud, proud and present.

Please help with any similar experiences and for the friends from Greece, please suggest a dealer that fixes, without causing any more problems.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Ahhh i feel ur pain dude. With the low suspension on my car i often get rattles. Buts it often nothing a degree in blue tack application cant cure. I had a rooflining rattle too, it ended up being the sliding door of my sunroof, and simply dropped the rooflining to tighten it up. Other rattles just seem to come and ago, ill hit a bump, a rattle will develop, ill hit another bump and whatever was loss has now wedged itself back in place laughing

Gotta love the Alfa build quality....its character u c!
AO Member
I had two rattles in the roof.

1: Just over my head. Sounded like a bolt or screw was rolling around. Anyhoo, after having a good look myself I saw it was the adhesive that holds the ceiling trim at the side, that had given way. Stuffed some cotton wool in from the side of the sunroof opening and problem solved.

2: Thought dash was rattling. Turned out to be ceiling trim where it meets windscreen. Wedged some felt between it and screen - rattle gone.

As for door rattle, I have it in all doors. Though not too loud. I think it's a design fault at lock. Had it in all of the Peugeot's I drove down the years also. wink

The Speeding Ticket Hall of Fame.
AO Member
County: Berkshire
I had a recent rattle in my drivers door, when going over slight bumps.
I found out that there there was some play with the screw connecting the door to the body of the car. After tightening the screw, it was fixed, and the rattle has gone......for now!!! wink
AO Silver Member

Member car:

147 1.6lt

If you find any decent dealer, "drill my nose" - as we say here......

AR Greece doesnt seem to care about how the dealers support their customers. "Unofficial" warranty cut-offs, and low mechanics' salaries make things even worse. The experienced mechanics seek for a job elsewhere and besides that, the "its Italian, its supposed to creak" point of view rules in general.

The 156 Workshop CD could help you very much on finding out what causes the problem. And this forum of course wink

Could you PM me your dealer?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

esp , friends , greece , pls