147 selespeed - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
147 selespeed

Hi guys

Im about to purchase a 2001 147 selespeed anything in particular to look out for that could be problematic in future?
Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 1561
County: -

Member car:

busso powered

Take a long test drive. Most selespeed gearboxes are faultless, but some are sadly enough real trouble.

Try all features with the gearbox:
  • <font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">let the gearbox shift down automatically when you are coming to a complete stop
  • <font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">do the same, but shift down yourself through the gears (the paddles at the steering stop working below 10 km/h)
  • <font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">shift gears up on half throttle
  • <font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">shift gears up on full throttle above 6,000 rpm
  • <font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">let the gearbox shift up automatically by trying to hit the red line on the rev counter
  • <font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">shift up and down at a steady speed when you are revving between 3,000 and 4,000 rpm. Do this a couple of times
  • <font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">at a standstill try to engage first gear and reverse at least 15 times (foot on the break is needed)
  • <font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">visit my site
<font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If one these steps cause problems, look for another selespeed.
And before I forget: Welcome to AlfaOwner

And last but not least, ask when you get the selespeed upgrade. If I remember correctly it is already available in SA.

AO Member

Member car:

147 Selespeed

Wow, all these features are faultless on my selespeed. I am a happy person now

I think it's a great car so, if you have a good warranty, go for it! Otherwise, make yourselve 100% sure about the gearbox like said above and go for it!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , selespeed