Selespeed Clutch Rod (adjustment with alfadiag)) - Page 5 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

AO Member

County: New South Wales
Interesting thread.
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Cheshire
Had to adjust my rod again today, I only did it a couple of weeks ago when I changed the thermostat. It was misbehaving a bit and when I booted up MES it was on 11.89, have adjusted again and locked it up as best I can. anyone have any idea why it would do this ?
AO Member

Member car:

147 2L selespeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaky View Post
6, Now click the "Actuators" tab and select "Calibration Routines", Bleed the clutch and then run the EOL Auto adjust. You'll hear a lot of whiring and clunking, that's normal, just keep your fingers out of the way.

7, When that finishes sucessfully, rebuild the car and reset your clock.

hi,
how do i Bleed the clutch (selespeed) and reset the clock?
by the way, iam using FES

Last edited by el@d147; 22-02-16 at 13:20.

AO Member

County: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaky View Post
At some time everyone here with a Selespeed will need to adjust the clutch release rod on the actuator if you sevice the car yourself. Now I've searched the forum and there is no guide, so today I shall demonstrate and SHOW you where this adjustment is made and how it is measured.

1, Load up Examiner or Alfadiag and select the "Selespeed" ECU, connect and then go to the "Sensor" tab, in the drop down menu select "Clutch Adjustment Position" and check the position on the graph. If it is outside of 28 - 28.5mm then continue, otherwise your done.

2, Remove the battery and tray to gain access to the actuator.

3, Slide the cover off the clutch release actuating rod and loosen the 10mm locknut.

4, Connect the battery via jump leads and turn the key to MAR, connect with Alfadiag or Examiner again.

5, Now to adjust the rod you hold the piston still and rotate the larger 19mm rod, out to increase the length of corse. Watch the display as you do it to ensure you don't go too far, when it'sin limits lock off the 10mm nut and refit the dust cover

6, Now click the "Actuators" tab and select "Calibration Routines", Bleed the clutch and then run the EOL Auto adjust. You'll hear a lot of whiring and clunking, that's normal, just keep your fingers out of the way.

7, When that finishes sucessfully, rebuild the car and reset your clock.
I have a problem mate,my reading for rod length is about 5.5mm and it looks as tho the actuator is out cause the clutch arm is about 10 mm from the casing
Yes I have had the actuator out and I did replace some O rings and re installed but not having any luck calibrating
I'm using the equivalent of Alfa dial or it just changed names
Need help otherwise I'm towing it to the dumps,frankly I've had enough of it,it's a Alfa 156, I bought recently and to find I got ripped off,selespeed oil leaking into gearbox,but that's fixed now I think,I had the gearbox out cause had to replace thrower bearing,so as u can see I've be n thru it all on my own under the car and am at my last now
AO Member

Member car:

147 Selespeed

Hi guys, just adjusted it but the 10mm locking nut is in the middle, couldn't figure out which way i should go to lock, close to the 19mm nut or other way?
Thanks for the help
AO Member

You go away from the clutch arm, towards the clutch cylinder.

So does anyone here have a copy of alfadiag ? because i have been searching high and low... Feel like adjusting my clutch rod would solve my issue http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...l#post15318145 (The joys of selespeed!)
AO Member

Member car:

147 Selespeed

Thank you
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargy01 View Post
So does anyone here have a copy of alfadiag ?
https://dnecudiag.codeplex.com/

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
adjustment , alfadiag , clutch , rod , selespeed

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page