<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by shaheed:
<strong>Shall I get the ball rolling and start with a list of some of the problems:
1. Balancing belt snapped at 40,000kms, and caused cambelt to jump rails and valves to bend;
2. Airbags, were not working on delivery and malfunctioned five times since "repaired" (again, and again, and....u get the picture)
3. No owners manual received with the car;
4. Cd player sometimes does not recognise CD (its now the 3rd player, and still problem persists)
5. On delivery, indicator fitting broken, radio ill fitted, scuff marks on leather, "burn" ,mark on centre console, fine wire-like scratches on passenger mirror, left plastic sill cracked
6. Brake pads lasted only 30,000 kms,
7. Drivers side dash rattle,
8. Front rubber lip came off within 1st week of driving
9. Heatshield cracked
10. Never a courtesy car hen you really need one!
11. After Alfa worked on problem in #1 for 2 weeks, car came back, and next day would not start. They think the battery may have died....but they'r not sure! Cant now get it started even with new battery
12. poor diagnosis and one-time repair skill,
13. Alfa logo on keyring fell off in first 2 months, no replacement available,
14. Paint chips easily, (no touch up paint supplied with car)
15. Parts take long to arrive,
16. Drivers side mat had a hole in the 1st 3 months of driving (only about 5000 kms)
I will add to the list when I have a look at the official complaint sent to fiat/AR SA.
Later, and hope this helps us all!</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Quoting the above:
1. Haven't reached there yet
2. Didn't have that problem
3. Manual was there
4. Every CD I inserted so far was playing alright
5. Where did your dealer have the car before he handed it to you?
6. Same as 1
7. Not in mine
8. No, mine still there
10. Don't have this option
11. I 'll keep going but are you sure you're not making this up?
12. didn't have it yet
13. Still there.
14. Paint it OK, no supply of touch up paint either
15. Haven't order one yet
16. I changed mine just because I didn't like them that much.
shaheed, you either have all the bad luck in the world or you were just too keen to write down problems. BTW, the topic reads 'Common Problems'. Has anyone else came accross shasheed's list?