147 Bose system again - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

It sounds like you were very familiar with the symptoms, so I believe you when you say it is now fixed.

I just can't believe that the feature PROM did not fix mine.

BOSE customer service has been fantastic - arranging for a new head unit to be delivered to my door. Trouble is, the new one has the same problem plus a faulty CD mechanism.

I too get the random CD eject syndrome. Keeps me on my toes I suppose.

Is my new feature PROM the same as the old one? Is the feature PROM in my new head unit the same as the old feature PROM in my old head unit? Or is there something else that needs doing? Proxy alignment or something?

I don't suppose you know the model number of your head unit? Is it one of these?

7 649 376 316 or
7 649 377 316
7 649 378 316
Sponsored Links

Found out today that the Bose amp is different depending on number of doors. Honest.

Have you got 3dr or 5?

Bose are sending me a known good amp to test (and needed to know if I had 3 or 5 door in order to send the correct amp), since neither a replacement feature PROM or a whole new head unit sorted this silly feature.

My Alfa dealer are also going to check for "open circuits" on 1st September, because the technician guy thought my system didn't sound as good as other 147s.
AO Member
County: -
Re: 147 Bose system again

Originally Posted by davew
147 Bose system again

My dealer (Guest formerly Ryauto) thinks that maybe it might be possible to fix the Bose system feature. But they're not sure. They've sent my head-unit to Blaupunkt for "repair" but they don't have much confidence .

So I'm without a 500 sound system for a week without even knowing if it will be fixed. It was too much trouble for them to lend me a spare head unit for the duration.

So now I've noticed a wobbly "Rolf Harris with a large piece of cardboard" sort of noise coming from somewhere behind the rear seats after going over smallish bumps. Hope its not related to the replaced-under-warranty rear suspension bushes again.

I checked out two more Bose systems while I was at the dealers - one 147 and one 156. The 156 was fine but the 147 had the same problem as mine - with a CD in when powered on, the BOSE system is not activated until the volume is turned up or down.

Lets see what happens....
How does one tell if the BOSE system is activated?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , bose , system