Something to think about..... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Something to think about.....

I bought my 1.6 156 SW a couple of weeks ago. When I drove it on the test drive I have a huge smile on my face. When I drove it to work this morning, it was just as nice to drive. No I know everyone on this forum raves about how nice Alfas are to push around the roads....I'm just interested to know what people really think. If we all dug deep into the backs of our minds, would there be a doubt over the quality? Would we like something changing? Would we be just as happy in a ford? What is it that makes that smile appear? Bit philosophical I know. Lets see if we can get some good answers on this without everyone jumping on the Alfa Wagon! You never know, we might all hate something about the cars
Sponsored Links
If you want to buy an Italian saloon car in the UK, your choice is limited to 2 cars: Alfa Romeo 156 & Alfa Romeo 166. It's that simple.

Fiat no longer make the Marea, no replacement yet for the Croma, no Lancias are sold in the UK, Ferrari/Lamborghini/Maserati don't make saloons.

The fact that the 156 is still so good looking 5 years on is a bonus. It is without doubt a future classic. In ten years time people will treat 156 GTAs the way current owners treat Alfa's SZ.

PS - I didn't have enough time to really dig that deep into the back of my mind !
AO Member
County: Cornwall
Hello Gust
I am still smiling a year later.....though god only knows why! The build quality is on a par with stuff you buy in the "Everything for a Pound" shop, the paintwork is layered in thousandths of a micron and the standard ICE reminds me of my old Dansette record player. Alfa UK are about as helpfull and understanding as the average GP's receptionist although I can not fault the dealerships....they are fighting a losing battle.
BUT.....The 156 handles as well as (from experience of ownership) a DB7,Integrale, and 308 gtb. It is almost as much fun as my old Charger but is still fun round corners! I forgive the car its minor faults (2 gearboxes, various Selespeed bits, minor rust at2 years old etc.etc)because quite simply I love it!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT