Dual Climate Control - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 24-02-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Cheshire
Dual Climate Control

Greetings, since buying my 1.9 16v jtd, it has always had this small issue with displaying the first line of the LED in the dual climate screens, so if it's on, I just constantly leave it on Hi, it'll miss out the first line in H and so on.

Anyway, everything still works and all and occasionally I get that line back, in the numbers, the first line is missing also sometimes, it's intermittent and just one of the bonuses of an Alfa I believe.

Basically, is there a way to fix this? It's not a big issue if not as I don't use the system anyway, lol.

Also, in other cars I've had, there was a way to have a variety of cold to warm air without the fan blowing... i.e. just through air intake as the car is moving, is there a possibility to get this also? so that I can have like a slight amount of warm air without the fan blowing the warm air to save battery, lol (yes, I'm quite stingey).

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: -
Re: Dual Climate Control

Can't help with the led's I'm afraid. Though it is odd you say it sometimes works so not blown segments.

But with the air flow, you should be able to reduce fan speed down to no lines showing and no sound (therefore fan is off) before you reach the "OFF" display. Mine is MY2005 but I assume the MY2002 is the same if that's what you have.

Then make sure the "recirc" light is off and therefore you have air coming in from outside and select your desired heated air temp.

I can however tell you that no car (any brand) aircon system will work without the fan on...the fan on/speed switch is is intentionally connected to turn on the compressor once you slect A/C on switch.

I'd give my right finger for an Alfa Romeo Giulietta with huge red Brembo calipers...well I did!!! Now I can say I BLEED FOR MY ALFA!

See my pics here; http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/motor...ml#post7196153
(Post Link) post #3 of 5 Old 25-02-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Cheshire

That's great information, just what I was looking for thanks.

One final thing I forgot to ask, is the Frost Protector button my air con button? if not... what is it for?

The display issue is probably down to dry solder joints on the circuit board - very common problem on the climate unit. To fix it you would need to remove the unit and re-solder the connections.

The button on the left of the unit with the snowflake symbol is to turn the AC on or off.
AO Member
County: Surrey

I have exactly the same led issue with mine. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I've seen a few units on ebay for cheap, but it hasn't bothered me enough to do anything about.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

climate , control , dual