156 wheel set-up - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 25-06-03 Thread Starter
AO Member
156 wheel set-up

Having just "upgraded" from 146 1.6TS to 156 1.8TS I would like some advice from other 156 owners: which combination of tires/rims work the best?

I definitely have to do something about the scruffy 15" alloys on the car at present. 17" would look the nicest, but do they upset handling?

Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

147 Selespeed

I have 17" on my 147 and the handling is still great, not that i know something different because i never drove with smaller rims on my 147.
AO Silver Member
County: West Yorkshire
Tom, if you have 15" wheels at the moment you presumably do not have the sport pack suspension.
Without that It seems 17" is not the way top go, Nemesis has just got a Sportwagon, with standard suspension and 17" wheels and is not particularly happy with it. You might be better going for 16", in fact there is some for sale on the site at the moment.
Either that or think about upgradeing the suspension as well. Look for the thread started by Nemesis about a week ago, lots of usefull info on that.
Without the sports suspension and/or unless you are planning on upgrading the suspension, I wouldn't bother with the 17's. Yes they look great when parked up, but are a bit 'clunky' when pressing on, especially on rough roads and bumpy roads. I'd go for 16" Selespeeds personally (I personally wouldn't declare on insurance) or an aftermarket alloy (which you should declare).

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , setup , wheel