Speedo facia for LHD 147 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Speedo facia for LHD 147

My father has just come back from Belgium and brought his LHD 147 over here. He was asking Alfa whether they could add a MPH range to his speedo facia and they responded that he would need a full instrument cluster!! eek!

Does anyone here know of a quality sticker kit or replacement facia for the speedometer? I know he doesn't want a wonky ill-fitting Halford piece of rubbish in his beloved Alfa so I thought you guys might know of an alternative?

Hears hoping

Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

147 Selespeed

If he has lived in Belgium for a certain period, why doesn't he live with the km/h? He only need like 3 speedlimits converted and he should be fine.
Like we have quite some imports out of the uS here. (in miles) just remember the speed limits and no problem.
I admit it's a "nice to have" feature. But he's still keen to have it done. I personally drive a Japanese import which is still in KPH and have never had a problem converting, but I understand why he'd like it just to "finish off" the SVA process. Considering the sheer number of European Alfa's out there I'm surprised I can't find out more about simple conversion kits on the web.

AO Member
I thought that legally in the UK you have to have the dials converted to at least have both mph and km/h.
AO Gold Member
You'd also need to convert your headlight, I think
Try the search button, I know for sure there has been a discussion on this tipic before
The rest of the SVA process has been completed(headlights, emissions etc) but even the Alfa Romeo dealer that did the SVA recommended against splashing out for a new instrument cluster just to change the dials to dual kph/mph readout. The car passed the SVA without the dials being changed so I guess it must be perfectly legal to have KPH only (damn well hope so as my car is the same).

Cheers Ivo, I tried the search but no conclusive results for the dial readouts (some interesting talks about white dial replacements tho) other than to fork out for a new instrument cluster.

I looked into this a while back before I purchased a RHD and I think I have found a company in London that would do that for you... problem is that I have lost their details... from what I rem they were located in Park Royal I think and they would u need that you send them their cluster...

Also I think shop@alfaowner.com will do ... I was quoted 130 pound for it...

Also looking thru my email I have this tel number that you might try 01223 515151 to see if they can help.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , facia , lhd , speedo