Main Dealers .... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 22-06-03 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Berkshire
Main Dealers ....

Sorry - posted this in the wrong forum (not sure how it ended up in here!). Please see the general discussions.

My 146ti is up for a service, which I'd like/prefer to have done by a main dealer.

I usually use SGT in Taplow and have never had a problem with them.

However, unless they will come and collect the car it won't be easy for me to get to them.

However, I do have Alan Gibson in Basingstoke right on my work doorstep - so they would be the natural choice.

However, I am very very far from impressed with their sales people.

Does anyone have any comments/thoughts about them - good or bad - from a servicing perspective.

Alternatively - does anyone have any independent recommendations around Basingstoke (or anywhere between Camberley and Basingstoke).

Many thanks in advance,

Sponsored Links
Not impressed with Gibsons at Basingstoke. Let my cd player go out of warranty so I have to pay to fix. Couldn't put my sunroof motor back correctly (twice) did it myself in the end, took 5 mins, expensive first service.Alfa-aid in Mainenhead seem to talk Alfa although I haven't used them (independant), don't know if that is close enough.
Just picked up my 147 from Alan Gibsons in Basingstoke (12k service). No problems with them whatsoever. Car was very nicely valeted and they managed to sort out the 'famous' 147 squeaky dashboard.

Also had the CD changer fixed under warranty, no questions asked.

If you want to go independent there is a garage in Fleet who seem very efficient when I popped in their recently. Can't remember the name but it should be in the Yellow Pages.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

dealers , main