156 SW Speaker package - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
156 SW Speaker package

Guys, I am picking up my 2001 156 SW tomorrow, and want to know what speaker package can be easily fitted, is not too expensive, and will compliment my sony head unit. I don't want anything to complex....or over the top....just to sound "nice". If u could stick some UK prices in for the replacements it would be good. Do i need to replace all the speakers, or just the fronts?

No idea what i'm doing as you can see. Would u recommend it is fitted by a dealer, myself (total novice) or at a car stereo shop? If any one in Nottingham England can recommend somewhere......

Many Thanks
Sponsored Links
Hi Gust !

Congrats on your SW !
I've also got a Sony headunit (CDX-MP40), and I changed all the door speakers with the Sony Xplod Custom Fit range.
For the front doors they've got a nice two-way system, and the back doors have three way speakers.
It's very easy to install, just carefully remove the speaker covers from the doors (for the tweets, remove the plastic cover), unscrew the original speakers, pull out the plug, and install the new ones...

However, I've only got the high and mid tones from the door speakers, I didn't want to fill up the doors with anything to produce more bass.
I've installed an Xplod Sub and Amp in the trunk, and I'm very happy with the global sound !

I don't know where to find a Sony-dealer in the UK, but that shouldn't be a problem, I guess...

Good Luck !

ok mate, thanks for the advice. However, I do not really want to take up boot space with a sub etc.....so would need the low stuff in the car.....recommend any speakers that would suit this?
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Alfa 145 Clov...

Vibe or alpine. are the nuts. You can't go wrong with these, Sony not seem to be cutting the musterd in my eyes.

Have a look on www.caraudiodirect.co.uk thay seem to have most the the range and there pricing is cheap.

Its a shame that 6X9's don't fit in the back of alfas (woth put mods) as vibe do one which has the magnet of there sub on the back of a 6X9, that beast is the holest of M****R F*****S but you do need a vibe amp with them but will worth it.

my 50 cents worth

Upload any Alfa related crap here

Offical Alfa 145 forum

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , package , speaker