Another Car Stolen!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 13-06-03 Thread Starter
AO Member
Another Car Stolen!!

Hi Guys.

I thought I'd share this with you.

A friend of mine from Scoobynet has just had his scoob stolen. It looks like the gang followed him home.

He lives in a nice part of Nottingham.

This is what he said..

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> I was in the house along with my Dad. I was upstairs, and he was in the kitchen when someone burst in through the back door demanding the keys. They ran past him into the front room and grabbed the keys from where I'd just left them. They went out the back, got in the car. By this time, I'm back downstairs and outside but they've locked the car doors. I tried to break a window to get at them, but they just reversed at speed along the drive, damaging the left side of the car (and partly demolishing a wall). I wasn't stupid enough to stand in their way, but did try and break the drivers window to get at them. It didn't break, and they drove off at speed.
Two lads took it, and possibly three others (two girls?) according to one of the neighbours.
Reported to the police so they're keeping an eye out for it.
Fortunately, they didn't harm my Dad, but he's understandably a bit shaken (he's an 80-year old man ffs!).
To their credit, the police were round here within 15 minutes, and then almost immediately went off again when one of the other neighbours came round and said it'd just been seen on the next estate.
To say that I'm annoyed is a bit of an understatement (doubly so as I'd just finished cleaning it ready for the NBO trip tomorrow) and I guess all they'll get even if caught is a slap on the wrist. <hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I know that Alfa's don't generally attact as much attention but be careful if you think anyone is following you.

The car is a Dark Blue "X"reg scoob with 17" wheels and large loud exhaust. If any of the Nottingham/Derby crowd see one being ragged around or left abandoned etc please contact the police.

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member

Member car:

1973 Spider 2000

Damn Lee,
I can't believe the brazenness of the thieves. I'm just glad your online friend and his dad didn't get hurt. Please pass along our sympathies to the Scooby Gang.
AO Silver Member
County: West Yorkshire
My next door neighbour had his Volvo stolen last month, in much the same manner. They just went straight into the kitchen, took the keys of the hook and drove off.Ba**ards. I keep my keys upstairs now.
AO Gold Member
County: Antwerpen
My heart goes out to your friend as his family..must have been quite a shook up,and I know if it would happen to me i would be beyond control..
Like T said,pass along our sympathy frown

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

car , stolen