156 intermittent central locking/front windows - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
156 intermittent central locking/front windows

ALFA 156 2.0

Intermittently, when unlocking/locking the car using the remote control, the car will beep and flash as normal but none of the door locks will attempt to operate, with no solenoid noise or partial opening/closing.

When opened manually with the key, the car drives normally, but when the fault is present the front electric windows will not operate by the driver door switches. The rear windows do operate OK from the driver door.
When attempting to operate the front windows while the fault is present the dashboard lamp, indicating that the boot is being opened, will light while the window switch is pressed.

The fault will then clear itself after a while.

Initially it seemed like an earthing problem of some kind because of the unrelated symptoms, I have cleaned the earth point in the Left footwell which appears to be common to both the central locking and front window ECUs.

The problem continues intermittently, makes paying at car park barriers interesting. Cant open window, too close to open door, cars beeping from behind. Ahhh...The Alfa experience!
Sponsored Links
Re: 156 intermittent central locking/front windows

Does anyone here know the answer to the above problem because this is the EXACT same problem I'm having with my 156!!

Any solutions from the experts would be much appreciated!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , central , intermittent , locking or front , windows