01 Alfa 156 1.8ts Engine change - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 15-02-09 Thread Starter
County: Cumbria
Hmmm 01 Alfa 156 1.8ts Engine change

The engine in my 01 Alfa 156 1.8 TS went to lunch, looks like was ran low on oil. Covered 130k miles and cams knackered. Replaced variator and headgasket before checking cams properly. Was running like a dog at tick over then the final insult came a deathly rattle from beneath. I made the worst decision of my life a friend sold me a 2.0 TS engine which I only realised was a 2.0 after had it fitted which was a nightmare but its in now. I changed inlet manifold, exhaust manifold and all ancilliaries over from 1.8 to new engine. When i tried starting it no joy. Winds over loads of times then occasionally you get a massive bang like a load of fuel has gone in then a spark was introduced to it at some wrong instant. Can anyone help ? Is the 1.8 TS and 2.0 TS the same engine ? except for extra cc. My car must be the euro 3 version has 2 cats directly below exhaust manifold and electronic throttle. The 2 litre i fitted had a throttle cable on the inlet manifold ? I think it might be euro 2 ? Can anyone offer me some advice ? Thanks

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , 18ts , alfa , change , engine