You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

Every sunday I clean and wash my bella. Now that I have reached 27,000Km the interior is beginning to look a bit worn out, still looking great but u know...My seats are beige (not leather)and have some stains that annoy me. I usually use a bit of soap on a wet cloth, along with a brush to clean the seats, but the result isn´t great. Specially on the inside parts of the doors (just below the inside door handler). The black part of the dash have some spills of soft drink that appear to remain there!. How do you guys clean your seats? Do u know good products for it?. Today I´m happy cause my dealer washed (outside ) my car and filled my bella with oil for free, nice of him:-)...
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Antwerpen
Can't help you one the seats because i have leather
but the dash is best cleaned with a normal dish washer detergent, to keep the mat finish.. don't use dashboard cleaners,because they contain silicones that will make it shiny..
just make sure to rince thoroughly and use a cloth that doesn't leave any great!
Cheers Wimster.
Yeah I have sometimes used those horrible sprays that make it too shinny, making it look like a taxi (no offence to taxis). I take your word on this one. Thankx :-)
AO Member

Member car:

Give yourself a treat and get a professional detailer in. I'm sure you find a few in the phone book. Here in Oz they use a steam cleaner similar to those used on carpets and then apply a fabric protector like Scotchguard so that the seats resist staining. Some can even do a half reasonable job at repairing cigarett burns in the fabric. Cost for an interior and exterior detail is about $120.
AO Gold Member
County: Aberdeenshire

Member car:

Zender 156 V6

I use STP Tuff Stuff in my 4x4 for the fabric seats etc.

My kids treat the 4x4 more like a dustbin than a car but this cleaner really gets the worse stains out. My 156 has leather seats but I use it on the carpets if there are any marks.
Global Mod Team

Member car:

Alfa 156 GTA SW

There are various foaming upholstery cleaners you can get, and they work pretty well. My 145 drivers seat used to have a water mark right on top, so it looks like I'd piddled myself, took it right out.
Don't worry Bazza, you are amongst friends....are those new pants working now, BTW...? wink

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

cleaning , interior